Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2013 SG Tri
Swim: 14:16
Bike: 35:41 (20.9 mph)
Run: 22:43 (7:20 pace)
TOTAL: 1:15:37

1/31 division 30-34 age group
8th overall finish

I'm not going to lie, an age group victory was pretty amazing.  Standing on the podium and hearing my name called as the number one finisher had me jacked up.  The weather looked like it might turn on us first thing in the morning.  The wind was picking up around 7:00AM, but by the time the Olympic distance racers hit the water at 8:00AM the wind was gone the the elements where perfect.  My plan was to get to my threshold pace fast and stay there for the whole hour.  I spent the winter trying to recreate my swim to go as fast as 2012, but with much less expended energy.  It was fun to put my new skills to the test in the open water.  My heart rate was 170 the whole time for the bike and run.  We had practiced that pace and I knew it could hold up for at least an hour.  I push the bike hard, but couldn't tell where I was in the standings because of all the Olympic racers on the course.  Doing the short course was so much more fun then I thought it would be.  I kept positive thoughts and relied on my winter training tests for feedback.  The run was smooth and a little over what I had set a goal for.  The winner of this race finished in 1:08:00, it is not out of reach to get 7:00 more minutes off my time in one year.

Either way, it was a great way to start the season and I couldn't be happier with our first test.

2010 SG Tri
Swim: 14:44
Bike: 39:59 (18.6 mph)
Run: 23:45 (7:40 pace)
TOTAL: 1:21:36

No comments: